WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Find Out if Gay Son's Been Molested
BY Trudy Ring
November 13 2013 2:40 PM ET
Your son just told you he’s gay? Find out if he’s been molested by a sports coach, says televangelist Pat Robertson.
On Tuesday’s edition of The 700 Club, cohost Terry Meeuwsen read Robertson a letter from a viewer: “My 16-year-old son says he’s gay. What do I do?” Robertson responded that the parent should seek some additional information, saying, “Is there a biological thing going on, or has he been influenced? Has a coach molested him?”
Robertson’s comment, of course, is based on the myth that molestation makes victims gay. He also touched on the idea that being gay is merely a youthful phase, saying of LGBT teens, “They don’t know what they’re doing, they’re teenagers.”
Watch the segment below, courtesy of Right Wing Watch.
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Omar Sharif Jr. Featured on Arabic TV News
- Six Stabbed at Jerusalem Pride March
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series