WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Find Out if Gay Son's Been Molested
BY Trudy Ring
November 13 2013 2:40 PM ET
Your son just told you he’s gay? Find out if he’s been molested by a sports coach, says televangelist Pat Robertson.
On Tuesday’s edition of The 700 Club, cohost Terry Meeuwsen read Robertson a letter from a viewer: “My 16-year-old son says he’s gay. What do I do?” Robertson responded that the parent should seek some additional information, saying, “Is there a biological thing going on, or has he been influenced? Has a coach molested him?”
Robertson’s comment, of course, is based on the myth that molestation makes victims gay. He also touched on the idea that being gay is merely a youthful phase, saying of LGBT teens, “They don’t know what they’re doing, they’re teenagers.”
Watch the segment below, courtesy of Right Wing Watch.
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s