WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Find Out if Gay Son's Been Molested
BY Trudy Ring
November 13 2013 2:40 PM ET
Your son just told you he’s gay? Find out if he’s been molested by a sports coach, says televangelist Pat Robertson.
On Tuesday’s edition of The 700 Club, cohost Terry Meeuwsen read Robertson a letter from a viewer: “My 16-year-old son says he’s gay. What do I do?” Robertson responded that the parent should seek some additional information, saying, “Is there a biological thing going on, or has he been influenced? Has a coach molested him?”
Robertson’s comment, of course, is based on the myth that molestation makes victims gay. He also touched on the idea that being gay is merely a youthful phase, saying of LGBT teens, “They don’t know what they’re doing, they’re teenagers.”
Watch the segment below, courtesy of Right Wing Watch.
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: He's Positive, I'm Not — How Do We Deal? 6 min 58 sec ago
- HIV & AIDS HIV 101: What Is a Serodiscordant Couple? 7 min 57 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment 10 TV Stars Who Are HIV Activists 9 min 47 sec ago
- Arts & Entertainment Emmy Winner Leslie Jordan: 'I’m Too Young & Fancy to Pay for This Sex!' 35 min 26 sec ago
- Media Murdoch Urges Boycott of Pro-Equality Guinness 36 min 37 sec ago
- Television Exclusive Clip: The Idols Sing on RuPaul's Drag Race Tonight 1 hour 37 min ago
- Commentary Op-ed: The Policies Keeping Trans People From Military Service 6:00 AM