WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
BY Michelle Garcia
December 06 2013 5:41 PM ET
Pat Robertson says instead of condemning LGBT people, Christians should pray for those who were recruited into the "gay lifestyle," because they were sexually abused as children.
Robertson was responding to a 700 Club viewer who asked whether she should pray for a family member who just came out. He said "many, many" people are LGBT because they had been abused as a child.
“A few years ago psychiatrists and psychologists used to say that homosexuality was a mental illness. Now the Supreme Court has said that it is a protected right,” Robertson said, according to Right Wing Watch. “So what’s he going to pray about? Is he going to say something is wrong and he’s unhappy? And if he’s unhappy and realizes he is doing something that makes him miserable, you might help him.”
Robertson also suggested that the viewer's nephew should be shown the Bible. Watch Robertson's comments below.
- Ireland Votes Yes, Becomes First Nation in World to Approve Marriage Equality
- Duggar Show Pulled From TLC Schedule, Could Be Canceled
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- #TBT: The Battle for the Bulge
- Girl Scouts Reject Hate Group, Welcome Trans Girls
- Artist Spotlight: Ben McNutt