WATCH: Pat Robertson Says Pray for Gays 'Recruited' By Child Abuse
BY Michelle Garcia
December 06 2013 5:41 PM ET
Pat Robertson says instead of condemning LGBT people, Christians should pray for those who were recruited into the "gay lifestyle," because they were sexually abused as children.
Robertson was responding to a 700 Club viewer who asked whether she should pray for a family member who just came out. He said "many, many" people are LGBT because they had been abused as a child.
“A few years ago psychiatrists and psychologists used to say that homosexuality was a mental illness. Now the Supreme Court has said that it is a protected right,” Robertson said, according to Right Wing Watch. “So what’s he going to pray about? Is he going to say something is wrong and he’s unhappy? And if he’s unhappy and realizes he is doing something that makes him miserable, you might help him.”
Robertson also suggested that the viewer's nephew should be shown the Bible. Watch Robertson's comments below.
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 24 min 49 sec ago
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM
- Religion Archbishop Dolan to NFL Hopeful Michael Sam: 'Bravo' UPDATED: March 08 2014 6:04 PM
- Love and Sex Sexually Explicit Videos No Longer Allowed on Vine March 08 2014 2:06 PM
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return March 08 2014 7:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith March 08 2014 5:00 AM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 8:25 PM