WATCH: Lesbian Friend Might Convert Kids, Says Pat Robertson
BY Trudy Ring
December 12 2013 7:03 PM ET
Straight parents, watch out for your lesbian friends — they might encourage your kids to grow up to be lesbians, says televangelist Pat Robertson.
Robertson made the remark on today’s edition of The 700 Club after cohost Terry Meeuwsen read him a letter from a mother who had recently reunited with an old friend. “I invited her to meet my children. She said yes — and asked if she could bring her ‘partner,’” the mom wrote. She added, “I don’t want her to think I am okay with her ways. And I don’t feel comfortable having her around my children. Should I keep this friendship?”
Robertson advised the woman not to shun her friend and instead to show love, but noted, “You don’t want your children to grow up as lesbians, that’s what you’re talking about, you don’t want to show them that that’s an acceptable lifestyle for your family.” He recommended that the writer tell her friend, “I have my lifestyle, it’s Christian and you have yours, it’s not; I’m sorry we can’t indulge in certain things together.”
View the segment below, courtesy of Right Wing Watch.
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Tim Cook on Standing Up to Discrimination: 'It’s Time for All of Us'
- Is This Photo Proof Mike Pence Knew RFRA Discriminates Against LGBTs?
- Charles Barkley: Move Final Four Out of Indiana
- 12 Celebrities Who Said the “F” Word
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media