Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 10 2014 5:00 AM ET
An impulse to compassion may not be Pope Francis’s only reason for backing off the socially repressive and tone-deaf elements of Catholicism (including the antigay rhetoric) that disenchant parishioners; the shrinking church badly needs to invigorate the flock and raise some funds or risk going the way of the dodo. A new papal attitude might be the answer.
Image source; Can Stock Photos
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- #TBT: Halloween Exhibitionism
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 69-Year-Old Brit Would Go Back to Hellish Moroccan Prison to Save Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men