Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 10 2014 5:00 AM ET
An impulse to compassion may not be Pope Francis’s only reason for backing off the socially repressive and tone-deaf elements of Catholicism (including the antigay rhetoric) that disenchant parishioners; the shrinking church badly needs to invigorate the flock and raise some funds or risk going the way of the dodo. A new papal attitude might be the answer.
Image source; Can Stock Photos
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Girl Scouts Raise $100,000 in One Day After Dropping Transphobic Donor
- Op-ed: Why, No Matter What, I Still Can't Marry My Girlfriend
- WATCH: Jon Stewart on GOP Reaction to Marriage Equality: 'Voldemort Has Risen'