Number Crunch: A Church in Crisis
BY Advocate.com Editors
March 10 2014 5:00 AM ET
An impulse to compassion may not be Pope Francis’s only reason for backing off the socially repressive and tone-deaf elements of Catholicism (including the antigay rhetoric) that disenchant parishioners; the shrinking church badly needs to invigorate the flock and raise some funds or risk going the way of the dodo. A new papal attitude might be the answer.
Image source; Can Stock Photos
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Alabama's Antigay Judge Roy Moore Slapped With New Ethics Charges
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'