WATCH: Antigay Leader Predicts 'Revolution' in Response to LGBT Movement
BY Michael O'Loughlin
March 21 2014 5:00 AM ET
In an interview with Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association this week, fringe Christian minister Scott Lively said that a "revolution" is at hand to combat the "homosexual agenda."
"People are fed up; I think they're at the breaking point," Lively said. He described homosexuality as "ultimate lawlessness" and "a powder keg, and I think we're going to see some real explosive changes are going to take place."
Lively has launched a quixotic bid for governor in Massachusetts as an independent candidate. On his website, the backer of the Uganda "jail the gays" bill writes that he strives to be a candidate who "will tell the simple truth that abortion is murder, and homosexuality is condemned by God" and "remind the people that Massachusetts was founded upon Jesus Christ and the Bible and that our future security and prosperity depend on restoring our trust in Him."
Watch a clip of his interview with Fischer below, courtesy of Right Wing Watch.
- WATCH: This Indiana Pizzeria Won't Cater Gay Weddings
- Alan Cumming Is Bisexual — And You Might Be Too
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV (Video)
- More Celebs Tweet Off on Indiana
- WATCH: Conan's Hilarious Interview With Indiana's 'Religious Freedom Czar'
- The Best Drag Take on Madonna Is By a Woman