Religious Support for Marriage Equality Marches Forward
BY Trudy Ring
September 04 2014 5:00 AM ET
Above: Members of Highland Baptist Church in Louisville, Ky., march in their city's Pride parade. (Facebook)
Baptist churches (various denominational affiliations)
Many of us associate Baptists with homophobia, but that’s not always an accurate perception. True, the Southern Baptist Convention, the largest U.S. Protestant denomination, considers homosexuality a sin and is a leading opponent of equal rights for LGBT people. But there are many other types of Baptists, and some of them preach LGBT equality in the church and work for it in society; some congregations also solemnize same-sex marriages. A good place to find an LGBT-friendly Baptist church is the Association of Welcoming and Affirming Baptists.
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- Huge Ratings Are In for Bruce Jenner Interview
- Op-ed: The White Party and Gay Culture Need More Color
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'