Meet America's (Shockingly Small) Pool of Trans Elected Officials
BY Neal Broverman
November 14 2012 6:00 AM ET
Jessica Orsini, alderwoman
Straight-shooter Jessica Orsini gained many fans when she was elected as alderwoman in Centralia, Mo., in 2006. Not only was she candid about her trans status, she openly discussed her pagan beliefs. Orsini would see herself reelected two more times before declining a fourth run this year.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: Gay People Raising Kids Has Shifted From Downfall to Salvation
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating