WATCH: Trans People Share Their Stories
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 7:33 PM ET
In observance of Transgender Awareness Week (November 12-20), GLAAD partnered with the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition to release a series of videos featuring out, proud transgender people. The latest videos feature one-on-one conversations with author and professor Jennifer Finney Boylan, actress Laverne Cox, comedian Kit Yan, and attorney Noah Lewis.
I Am: Trans People Speak features trans folk discussing their myriad identities — such as mother, sister, brother, Philadelphia native, and a host of other identities that readers of any orientation can relate to. The goal of the project is to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities, while lifting the voices of transgender people, their families, friends, and allies, according to GLAAD's website.
Meet Laverne Cox in the video below, then click through the following pages to see each new video in the I AM: Trans People Speak series.
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'