WATCH: Trans People Share Their Stories
BY Sunnivie Brydum
November 15 2012 7:33 PM ET
In observance of Transgender Awareness Week (November 12-20), GLAAD partnered with the Massachusetts Transgender Political Coalition to release a series of videos featuring out, proud transgender people. The latest videos feature one-on-one conversations with author and professor Jennifer Finney Boylan, actress Laverne Cox, comedian Kit Yan, and attorney Noah Lewis.
I Am: Trans People Speak features trans folk discussing their myriad identities — such as mother, sister, brother, Philadelphia native, and a host of other identities that readers of any orientation can relate to. The goal of the project is to raise awareness about the diversity of transgender communities, while lifting the voices of transgender people, their families, friends, and allies, according to GLAAD's website.
Meet Laverne Cox in the video below, then click through the following pages to see each new video in the I AM: Trans People Speak series.
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Modern Family Director Live-Tweets a Plane Passenger's Drunken Meltdown
- PHOTOS: What Pride Looks Like in a Still-Hesitant Serbia
- Op-ed: Tech's Wake-Up Call From Your Transgender Coworker
- Welcome to Night Vale: Where Queer Is Normal and Normal Is Bizarre