13 Transgender Americans Murdered in 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2012 6:06 AM ET
Crain Conaway, 47, was beaten to death in her Oceanside, Calif., home in January. Tyree Paschall, 28, has been charged with the crime and pleaded not guilty in April. A preliminary hearing in the case is set for December 5, according to Camp Pendleton Patch.
Tracey Johnson (not pictured), 40, died of multiple gunshot wounds July 5 in Baltimore. She and a friend had run from the attacker into a home, but she was followed and shot to death. In August police released a sketch of the suspected killer, who so far has eluded arrest.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Indiana Copycat Bill Sent to Arkansas Governor; Will He Sign?