13 Transgender Americans Murdered in 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2012 6:06 AM ET
Crain Conaway, 47, was beaten to death in her Oceanside, Calif., home in January. Tyree Paschall, 28, has been charged with the crime and pleaded not guilty in April. A preliminary hearing in the case is set for December 5, according to Camp Pendleton Patch.
Tracey Johnson (not pictured), 40, died of multiple gunshot wounds July 5 in Baltimore. She and a friend had run from the attacker into a home, but she was followed and shot to death. In August police released a sketch of the suspected killer, who so far has eluded arrest.
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Marriage Equality Supporter Featured in Mormon Anti-Marriage Equality Post
- Trans Woman Who Expanded Facebook's Gender Options Banned For Not Using 'Real Name'