13 Transgender Americans Murdered in 2012
BY Diane Anderson-Minshall
November 20 2012 6:06 AM ET
Brandy Martell, 37, died of gunshot wounds on April 29 in Oakland, Calif. SF Weekly reports that Martell's assailant shot her in her genitals before he shot her twice more in the torso. Tiffany Woods, her old boss at Tri-City Health Center, where Martell was a peer counselor, has been working with local police to lower the violence trans people face in Oakland. Martell's murder is still unsolved.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign