Visible Bodies: Transgender Narratives Retold
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 05 2013 6:00 AM ET
My loving mother and supportive family is what kept me off the streets, in college, and emotionally stable.
Claire, age 24
Gender Identity: trans woman
Having a transgender child is like taking a plane to Alaska that suddenly diverts to Hawaii. Definitely not what you imagined but more beautiful than you could ever expect.
Shelly, Claire’s mom
Gender Identity: cisgender woman
- Hot Sheet: Demi-Vicious Pride
- Artist Spotlight: James Huctwith
- WATCH: Michael Sam Responds Graciously To Tony Dungy's Homophobia
- WATCH: Keith Olbermann Eviscerates Tony Dungy for Michael Sam Remarks
- Op-ed: Accepting My Partner's Gender Transformation
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Strikes Down Colo. Marriage Ban