Visible Bodies: Transgender Narratives Retold
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 05 2013 6:00 AM ET
My loving mother and supportive family is what kept me off the streets, in college, and emotionally stable.
Claire, age 24
Gender Identity: trans woman
Having a transgender child is like taking a plane to Alaska that suddenly diverts to Hawaii. Definitely not what you imagined but more beautiful than you could ever expect.
Shelly, Claire’s mom
Gender Identity: cisgender woman
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'