Visible Bodies: Transgender Narratives Retold
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 05 2013 6:00 AM ET
Yep, it's true. I am a 49-year-old, polyamorous transsexual lesbian whose kids still call her "Dad."
In the old days, I used to fantasize about lesbian sex. I'd imagine something like a dozen beautiful women, no clothes, their skin glistening with coconut oil, their smooth bodies sliding across mine....
Wait, that's not a fantasy. That was my last birthday party.
My real life sex life is way better than anything I could have fantasized. It includes multiple partners, tantric rituals, sex parties, and true love. I've also had relationship problems, heartache, and killer scheduling issues.
When I began my transition, I assumed my sex life would be over. I asked myself, “What woman would want me when she could have a ‘real’ woman?”
For a while, each new encounter was validation, proving that some women do, in fact, want me. Only a few months ago, I realized that the question I asked myself was flawed. When a woman is with me, she is having a real woman.
Katie Anne Holton, age 49
Gender Identity: transsexual woman
- Op-ed: Why I Unfriended My Mother
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- Texas Rep.: Strand Gays on an Island, See What Happens
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers