A Tribe in Peril: The Hijra in Mumbai
BY Alison McCauley
March 06 2014 7:05 AM ET
Gomzi, 28, works in the sex trade in Mumbai.
Husna and Gomzi play affectionately with each other. They are both part of the same hijra "family group." Husna is also a sex worker. She picks up clients at the train station and says, "I don’t think about the danger because I have to survive."
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- WATCH: Seth Meyers Takes Down Indiana's New Antigay Legislation
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Every GOP 2016 Hopeful Backs Mike Pence
- Mormon Missionary Positions