A Tribe in Peril: The Hijra in Mumbai
BY Alison McCauley
March 06 2014 7:05 AM ET
Gomzi, 28, works in the sex trade in Mumbai.
Husna and Gomzi play affectionately with each other. They are both part of the same hijra "family group." Husna is also a sex worker. She picks up clients at the train station and says, "I don’t think about the danger because I have to survive."
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Ted Cruz and the Fallout for Fire Island
- Trans Woman Dares Bible-Quoting Councilman to Stone Her to Death
- Show Your Pride With A Rainbow Filter For Your Facebook Profile Pic