San Diego's Pride Monument Taking Shape
BY Neal Broverman
May 03 2013 5:01 PM ET
San Diego's eye-catching Pride flag will soon be complemented with panels that tell the story of the city's LGBT neighborhood, Hillcrest.
The Pride flag was erected last year and now flies at the intersection of University and Normal avenues. A monument at its base will tell the story of the gay-popular area in a series of paragraphs, quotes, and pictures placed on panels. The public will be shown renderings of the piece May 16.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Couple Indicted Over Torture Death of 8-Year-Old They Thought Was Gay
- Homophobe Scott Lively Will Be on Ballot for Mass. Governor
- Capitol Hill Staffers Blocked for Antitrans Wikipedia Edits
- Philly-Area Trans Teen Commits Suicide on Train Tracks
- Federal Judge Rules Florida's Same-Sex Marriage Ban Unconstitutional