San Diego's Pride Monument Taking Shape
BY Neal Broverman
May 03 2013 5:01 PM ET
San Diego's eye-catching Pride flag will soon be complemented with panels that tell the story of the city's LGBT neighborhood, Hillcrest.
The Pride flag was erected last year and now flies at the intersection of University and Normal avenues. A monument at its base will tell the story of the gay-popular area in a series of paragraphs, quotes, and pictures placed on panels. The public will be shown renderings of the piece May 16.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- 19 Shows LGBT Viewers Can't Miss This Fall
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- Faking It's Michael J. Willett Is the Teen Heartthrob We've Been Waiting For
- WATCH: Neil Patrick Harris Explains He Got Married for His Kids