San Diego's Pride Monument Taking Shape
BY Neal Broverman
May 03 2013 5:01 PM ET
San Diego's eye-catching Pride flag will soon be complemented with panels that tell the story of the city's LGBT neighborhood, Hillcrest.
The Pride flag was erected last year and now flies at the intersection of University and Normal avenues. A monument at its base will tell the story of the gay-popular area in a series of paragraphs, quotes, and pictures placed on panels. The public will be shown renderings of the piece May 16.
- Newly Out Fox Contributor Isn't Very Concerned About Gay Rights
- Out NYC Owners Call Gays 'Cheap,' 'Entitled' In Disastrous Interview
- Could National Marriage Equality Mean the End of Gay Culture?
- WATCH: NOM Thinks It Has a Future (At Least Until 2016)
- Op-ed: When Right vs. Left Becomes Right vs. Wrong
- 9 Celebs Who Learned the Hard Way the T-Word Is Over