San Diego's Pride Monument Taking Shape
BY Neal Broverman
May 03 2013 5:01 PM ET
San Diego's eye-catching Pride flag will soon be complemented with panels that tell the story of the city's LGBT neighborhood, Hillcrest.
The Pride flag was erected last year and now flies at the intersection of University and Normal avenues. A monument at its base will tell the story of the gay-popular area in a series of paragraphs, quotes, and pictures placed on panels. The public will be shown renderings of the piece May 16.
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- PHOTOS: International Mr. Leather Weekend
- WATCH: The Moment Ireland Said 'Yes' to Marriage Equality
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy