Photos That Will Make You Proud
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2013 6:00 AM ET
The very first Baltic Pride was held behind a large fence to keep the pro-LGBT contingent safe from nearby neo-Nazis and other fundamentalists.
The event in Lithuania broke free from its gates this year and instead the march went down a main street. It made headlines again, though, as a tremendous police presence turned out to handle antigay protesters, who were detained for violence, including storming the main stage and pelting pro-gay politicians with eggs. One police officer was injured during all of it, according to the Associated Press.
But looking through some photos from the Pride event, you take away a different feeling. Check out some of our favorites on the following pages.
This might be our very favorite. An LGBT supporter poses alongside an antigay protester.
- Media Should PR Exec Be Fired for AIDS Tweet? 1 hour 1 min ago
- Media VIDEO: Duck Dynasty Star Says Gay People are Evil Murderers 1 hour 38 min ago
- Business Lockheed Martin Cuts Off Money to Antigay Boy Scouts 2 hours 53 min ago
- Transgender LGBT Activist Goes Missing, Community Rallies 12:08 PM
- Transgender New Jersey Senate Passes Transgender Birth Certificate Bill 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Best of Art, 2013 5:00 AM
- World News Ugandan LGBT Activists: 'We Have to Stay and Fight' December 20 2013 8:57 PM