Photos That Will Make You Proud
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2013 7:00 AM ET
The very first Baltic Pride was held behind a large fence to keep the pro-LGBT contingent safe from nearby neo-Nazis and other fundamentalists.
The event in Lithuania broke free from its gates this year and instead the march went down a main street. It made headlines again, though, as a tremendous police presence turned out to handle antigay protesters, who were detained for violence, including storming the main stage and pelting pro-gay politicians with eggs. One police officer was injured during all of it, according to the Associated Press.
But looking through some photos from the Pride event, you take away a different feeling. Check out some of our favorites on the following pages.
This might be our very favorite. An LGBT supporter poses alongside an antigay protester.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Hillary Clinton's Kind Words to Gay Kid 'Afraid' for His Future
- WATCH: Straight Vlogger Slams Same-Sex Marriage Opponents
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'
- Meet the First Trans Pastor Officially Ordained by the Evangelical Lutheran Church