Photos That Will Make You Proud
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2013 7:00 AM ET
The very first Baltic Pride was held behind a large fence to keep the pro-LGBT contingent safe from nearby neo-Nazis and other fundamentalists.
The event in Lithuania broke free from its gates this year and instead the march went down a main street. It made headlines again, though, as a tremendous police presence turned out to handle antigay protesters, who were detained for violence, including storming the main stage and pelting pro-gay politicians with eggs. One police officer was injured during all of it, according to the Associated Press.
But looking through some photos from the Pride event, you take away a different feeling. Check out some of our favorites on the following pages.
This might be our very favorite. An LGBT supporter poses alongside an antigay protester.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- WATCH: Finding the Funny in "Ex-Gay" Marriages and a Queerpocalypse
- Ugandan LGBT-rights Activist Granted Asylum
- Meet the Iowa Lesbians Finally Married After 72 Years
- India Gets First Transgender TV News Anchor