Photos That Will Make You Proud
BY Advocate.com Editors
July 29 2013 7:00 AM ET
The very first Baltic Pride was held behind a large fence to keep the pro-LGBT contingent safe from nearby neo-Nazis and other fundamentalists.
The event in Lithuania broke free from its gates this year and instead the march went down a main street. It made headlines again, though, as a tremendous police presence turned out to handle antigay protesters, who were detained for violence, including storming the main stage and pelting pro-gay politicians with eggs. One police officer was injured during all of it, according to the Associated Press.
But looking through some photos from the Pride event, you take away a different feeling. Check out some of our favorites on the following pages.
This might be our very favorite. An LGBT supporter poses alongside an antigay protester.
- Meet the Same-Sex Couple Who Made Dodger Stadium Swoon
- WATCH: The 8 Most Hateful Things Texas Lawmakers Said Monday
- WATCH: Dodger Stadium Reacts to Same-Sex Couple on Kiss Cam
- WATCH: You’ll Cry When You See What Happened During That Gay-Straight Prom Date
- Marriage Equality Could Worsen Bisexual Erasure
- Op-ed: 5 Reasons Men's Health Needs a Trans Man On The Cover