PHOTOS: Where Prague Pride Meets Putin
BY Lucas Grindley
August 18 2013 4:20 PM ET
The third-ever Pride festival in the Czech Republic's capital of Prague was tinged with an anti-Putin message this weekend.
Because of his country's passage of a series of antigay laws, Russian President Vladimir Putin is lately a prominent face during protests and pride festivals worldwide.
Participants this year included out U.S. Rep. David Cicilline of Rhode Island and U.S. Ambassador to the Czech Republic Norman Eisen, who marched in the parade for the third consecutive year. The Gloriette, one of the buildings among the U.S. Embassy complex in Prague, was lit for the week in rainbow colors.
See photos from Prague on the following pages.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View