PHOTOS: Where Prague Pride Meets Putin
BY Lucas Grindley
August 18 2013 4:20 PM ET
The third-ever Pride festival in the Czech Republic's capital of Prague was tinged with an anti-Putin message this weekend.
Because of his country's passage of a series of antigay laws, Russian President Vladimir Putin is lately a prominent face during protests and pride festivals worldwide.
Participants this year included out U.S. Rep. David Cicilline of Rhode Island and U.S. Ambassador to the Czech Republic Norman Eisen, who marched in the parade for the third consecutive year. The Gloriette, one of the buildings among the U.S. Embassy complex in Prague, was lit for the week in rainbow colors.
See photos from Prague on the following pages.
- Dance NYC Boylesque Fest Teases Return 6:00 AM
- Artist Spotlight Artist Spotlight: Taylor Smith 4:00 AM
- Women WATCH: Trans Man Has Vagina Pride March 07 2014 7:51 PM
- Hot Sheet Hot Sheet: History Boys March 07 2014 7:25 PM
- Marriage Equality Here's The Most Absurd Thing You Missed in Michigan's Marriage Equality Trial March 07 2014 7:20 PM
- Uganda As Aid Cuts Continue, Ugandan Officials Not Concerned March 07 2014 6:57 PM
- Religion Fired Gay Administrator Sues Wash. Catholic School March 07 2014 6:55 PM