Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
Mattachine Review masthead, courtesy of Cornell University Library’s Human Sexuality Collection; 1960 Mattachine Society publication, Mattachine Society Inc. of New York records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, the New York Public Library, Astor, Lenox, and Tilden Foundations.
From Queen’s Quarterly magazine, summer 1969, courtesy LGBT Community Center National History Archive.
The Ladder, January 1959 and October 1965, courtesy of Cornell University Library’s Human Sexuality Collection.
Protesters gather outside the Pentagon in 1965. Photo by Kay Tobin, © Manuscripts and Archives Division, New York Public Library.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- WATCH: 'Christian' Family's Terrifying Response to Son Coming Out
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- WATCH: Michael Sam Should 'Gay It Up,' Says Daily Show
- 11 Best Moments From the Marriage Argument Everyone's Talking About