Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
Mattachine Review masthead, courtesy of Cornell University Library’s Human Sexuality Collection; 1960 Mattachine Society publication, Mattachine Society Inc. of New York records, Manuscripts and Archives Division, the New York Public Library, Astor, Lenox, and Tilden Foundations.
From Queen’s Quarterly magazine, summer 1969, courtesy LGBT Community Center National History Archive.
The Ladder, January 1959 and October 1965, courtesy of Cornell University Library’s Human Sexuality Collection.
Protesters gather outside the Pentagon in 1965. Photo by Kay Tobin, © Manuscripts and Archives Division, New York Public Library.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win