Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
Joseph Ambrosini, New York Daily News.
The Advocate, September, 1969, courtesy of Here Media Inc., all rights reserved; Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; Village Voice, July 3, 1969, courtesy Voice Media Group.
Graffiti on the boarded-up windows of the Stonewall Inn. Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Vatican Official Calls Irish Marriage Vote 'Defeat for Humanity'
- EXCLUSIVE: Watch the Official Trailer for 54: The Director's Cut
- Op-ed: Let's Keep the Momentum Going After Win in Ireland
- WATCH: Out Musician Mika Shares Video for 'Good Guys,' a Bittersweet Homage to Gay Men