Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
Joseph Ambrosini, New York Daily News.
The Advocate, September, 1969, courtesy of Here Media Inc., all rights reserved; Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; Village Voice, July 3, 1969, courtesy Voice Media Group.
Graffiti on the boarded-up windows of the Stonewall Inn. Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Rep. Steve King Wants Congress to Denounce Supreme Court's Marriage Equality Ruling
- Meet the First Trans Pastor Officially Ordained by the Evangelical Lutheran Church
- 15 More Queers and Allies to Watch in 2015
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing It Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- WATCH: Rick Santorum Thinks 'People Aren't Getting Married'