Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
Joseph Ambrosini, New York Daily News.
The Advocate, September, 1969, courtesy of Here Media Inc., all rights reserved; Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; Village Voice, July 3, 1969, courtesy Voice Media Group.
Graffiti on the boarded-up windows of the Stonewall Inn. Fred W. McDarrah/Getty Images.
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- LGBT Groups, Conservatives Outraged As Straight Mates Marry for Rugby Tickets
- The Media Pioneers Will Be Gay
- Facebook Clashes With Drag Performers Over 'Real Name' Policy