Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
New York Daily News, July 6, 1969.
Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of the Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; cover, Gay Power newspaper; leaflet written by Craig Rodwell, founder of Homophile Youth Movement in Neighborhoods.
Photo by Diana Davies, Manuscripts and Archives Division, the New York Public Library.
Photographs by Richard C. Wandel, courtesy LGBT Community Center National History Archive.
- Why Can't We Talk About Homophobia in the Black Community?
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- The Cities LGBTs Love And the Ones We Shun
- Op-ed: The Amtrak Accident Isn't Part of the Gay Agenda