Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 6:03 AM ET
New York Daily News, July 6, 1969.
Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of the Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; cover, Gay Power newspaper; leaflet written by Craig Rodwell, founder of Homophile Youth Movement in Neighborhoods.
Photo by Diana Davies, Manuscripts and Archives Division, the New York Public Library.
Photographs by Richard C. Wandel, courtesy LGBT Community Center National History Archive.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: What Happened When President Obama Met Two Trans Service Members
- PHOTOS: Best of Pride
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don’t Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet