Stonewall 45: Windows Into LGBT History
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 17 2014 5:03 AM ET
New York Daily News, July 6, 1969.
Mattachine Society flyer, courtesy of the Foster Gunnison Papers, Archives and Special Collections at the Thomas J. Dodd Research Center, University of Connecticut Libraries; cover, Gay Power newspaper; leaflet written by Craig Rodwell, founder of Homophile Youth Movement in Neighborhoods.
Photo by Diana Davies, Manuscripts and Archives Division, the New York Public Library.
Photographs by Richard C. Wandel, courtesy LGBT Community Center National History Archive.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Artist Spotlight: Boots Bryant
- 90,000-Plus and Counting: Petition to Cancel Duggars' Show Gains Momentum
- Transgender Day of Remembrance: Those We've Lost in 2014
- Country Music Star Ty Herndon Comes Out as Gay
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died