PHOTOS: NYC Gets Funky for Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
June 30 2014 1:30 PM ET
Thousands of marchers followed the parade route from 36th Street and Fifth Avenue to Greenwich and Christopher streets. It ended at the Stonewall Inn, where New York marchers commemorated the 45th anniversary of the 1969 riots credited with launching the modern LGBT rights movement. New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo attended along with grand marshals Laverne Cox, transgender actress and activist, actor Jonathan Groff and Rea Carey, executive director for the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force.
Governor Cuomo takes his yearly Pride stroll.
Grand Marshal Laverne Cox and Delores Nettles, mother of slain transgender woman Islan Nettles, attend the 2014 Gay Pride March on June 29, 2014.
Mayor Bill de Blasio gets his rainbow on.
- Gallery of Geek: Yannick Tallarida
- Dan Savage Calls Out Duggar's 'Staggering' Family Values Hypocrisy
- Eurovision Winner Who Called Gays an 'Abnormality' Changes Tune
- 11 Sweet Celebrity Tweets Celebrating Ireland's Marriage Equality Win
- Op-ed: I'm a Trans Man Who Doesn't 'Pass' — And You Shouldn't Either
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers