Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
NOM’s March for (Straight) Marriage was a spectacular flop.
The National Organization for Marriage claimed 10,000 people attended its June 19 march against marriage equality in Washington, D.C., but other observers put the crowd at roughly 2,000, leading to much online mockery. Even some of the antigay folks have conceded the march tanked, with a right-wing minister named Dan Cummins, for one, lamenting the “dismal turnout.” Meanwhile, how many thousands of people showed up for Pride parades all over the U.S. this month?
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?