Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
NOM’s March for (Straight) Marriage was a spectacular flop.
The National Organization for Marriage claimed 10,000 people attended its June 19 march against marriage equality in Washington, D.C., but other observers put the crowd at roughly 2,000, leading to much online mockery. Even some of the antigay folks have conceded the march tanked, with a right-wing minister named Dan Cummins, for one, lamenting the “dismal turnout.” Meanwhile, how many thousands of people showed up for Pride parades all over the U.S. this month?
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 52 LGBT Superheroes and Villains
- The Advocate's 31 Favorite Films of Outfest 2015
- Suicides, Antigay Accusations Sully Elite San Diego School
- Op-ed: I'm a Lesbian Targeted by the Bathroom Police
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality