Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Virginia is not for haters.
Last November’s gubernatorial election saw Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeating Republican Ken Cuccinelli (pictured), who, as state attorney general, had sought to reinstate Virginia’s sodomy ban. Also, for lieutenant governor, Democrat Ralph Northam easily beat E.W. Jackson, a minister who referred to gay people as “sick” and “perverted,” then tried to claim he hadn’t done so even though he’d been recorded.
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule