Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Virginia is not for haters.
Last November’s gubernatorial election saw Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeating Republican Ken Cuccinelli (pictured), who, as state attorney general, had sought to reinstate Virginia’s sodomy ban. Also, for lieutenant governor, Democrat Ralph Northam easily beat E.W. Jackson, a minister who referred to gay people as “sick” and “perverted,” then tried to claim he hadn’t done so even though he’d been recorded.
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- REPORT: ISIS Executes Nine More 'Gay' Men
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins