Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Virginia is not for haters.
Last November’s gubernatorial election saw Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeating Republican Ken Cuccinelli (pictured), who, as state attorney general, had sought to reinstate Virginia’s sodomy ban. Also, for lieutenant governor, Democrat Ralph Northam easily beat E.W. Jackson, a minister who referred to gay people as “sick” and “perverted,” then tried to claim he hadn’t done so even though he’d been recorded.
- #TBT: Selling the Male Body
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- WATCH: Alabama Jails, Fines Minister After Performing Lesbian Wedding
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Alabama's Antigay Chief Justice Scolds Ruth Bader Ginsburg on 'Judicial Ethics'
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans