Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 5:22 AM ET
Virginia is not for haters.
Last November’s gubernatorial election saw Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeating Republican Ken Cuccinelli (pictured), who, as state attorney general, had sought to reinstate Virginia’s sodomy ban. Also, for lieutenant governor, Democrat Ralph Northam easily beat E.W. Jackson, a minister who referred to gay people as “sick” and “perverted,” then tried to claim he hadn’t done so even though he’d been recorded.
- WATCH: Obama Bundler, HRC Founder Terry Bean Arrested on Sex Crimes Charges
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role
- 6 Bad Signs of a Good Relationship
- Transgender Pioneer and Stone Butch Blues Author Leslie Feinberg Has Died
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers