Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Virginia is not for haters.
Last November’s gubernatorial election saw Democrat Terry McAuliffe defeating Republican Ken Cuccinelli (pictured), who, as state attorney general, had sought to reinstate Virginia’s sodomy ban. Also, for lieutenant governor, Democrat Ralph Northam easily beat E.W. Jackson, a minister who referred to gay people as “sick” and “perverted,” then tried to claim he hadn’t done so even though he’d been recorded.
- Op-ed: The Far-Reaching Consequences of Dating App Racism
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Folk Singer Janis Ian: Bill Cosby Blackballed Me From TV as a Teen
- Debunking Bill Cosby's Claim He Can Read Women's Desires, Accuser Comes Out As Lesbian
- Katelynn on Caitlyn: I Am Cait Through the Eyes of TV's First Trans Reality Star