Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Fred Phelps may have recanted his homophobia.
It sounds far-fetched, but his grandson, Zacharias Phelps-Roper, claims the notoriously antigay minister did so shortly before his death in March. Also, in February Zacharias joined the parade of Phelps family members leaving the hateful Westboro Baptist Church.
- EXCLUSIVE: Bette Midler Covers TLC's 'Waterfalls'
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: No, You Shouldn't Raise 150K for Homophobes
- 7 Absurd Legal 'Arguments' Against Marriage Equality From a Straight Couple in Kansas
- Op-ed: I Am a Straight, Female Sister of Perpetual Indulgence (And You Can Be, Too!)
- Op-ed: Dear Straight People