Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
Fred Phelps may have recanted his homophobia.
It sounds far-fetched, but his grandson, Zacharias Phelps-Roper, claims the notoriously antigay minister did so shortly before his death in March. Also, in February Zacharias joined the parade of Phelps family members leaving the hateful Westboro Baptist Church.
- Iowa Couple Plans 1,000 Antigay Billboards
- Texas Gay Man, 32, Dies in Custody After Being Denied Medication
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40