Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 5:22 AM ET
Fred Phelps may have recanted his homophobia.
It sounds far-fetched, but his grandson, Zacharias Phelps-Roper, claims the notoriously antigay minister did so shortly before his death in March. Also, in February Zacharias joined the parade of Phelps family members leaving the hateful Westboro Baptist Church.
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- Mississippi Marriage Ban Struck Down
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Smoke Signals' Gay Actor Turned Doctor Lands New Career-Defining Role