Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
“Ex-gay” therapy is getting more and more marginalized.
In November a federal court upheld New Jersey’s law banning use of the practice on minors by state-licensed therapists, following an August ruling that upheld a similar law in California. Activists are still fighting to get bans in other states, but the momentum is against the discredited and harmful so-called therapy. Also, as of the New Year’s Day, a Mormon “ex-gay” therapy group disbanded, following in the footsteps of the most famous “ex-gay” group, Exodus International, which shut down last summer.
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Even the Rehearsal Footage From Madonna's Rebel Heart Tour Is Spellbinding
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- San Diego Mourns Third Trans Teen to Die by Suicide
- Hundreds Attend Satanic Statue Unveiling in Detroit Despite Terrorist Threats
- Reno Mayor Apologizes After Flying Rainbow Flag Over City Hall