Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
“Ex-gay” therapy is getting more and more marginalized.
In November a federal court upheld New Jersey’s law banning use of the practice on minors by state-licensed therapists, following an August ruling that upheld a similar law in California. Activists are still fighting to get bans in other states, but the momentum is against the discredited and harmful so-called therapy. Also, as of the New Year’s Day, a Mormon “ex-gay” therapy group disbanded, following in the footsteps of the most famous “ex-gay” group, Exodus International, which shut down last summer.
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?