Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 6:22 AM ET
“Ex-gay” therapy is getting more and more marginalized.
In November a federal court upheld New Jersey’s law banning use of the practice on minors by state-licensed therapists, following an August ruling that upheld a similar law in California. Activists are still fighting to get bans in other states, but the momentum is against the discredited and harmful so-called therapy. Also, as of the New Year’s Day, a Mormon “ex-gay” therapy group disbanded, following in the footsteps of the most famous “ex-gay” group, Exodus International, which shut down last summer.
- WATCH: How This 12-Year-Old Lacrosse Player Found His Courage
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- Artist Spotlight: Jamil Hellu
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s