Reasons for Pride: Setbacks for the Right Wing
BY Trudy Ring
June 30 2014 5:22 AM ET
“Ex-gay” therapy is getting more and more marginalized.
In November a federal court upheld New Jersey’s law banning use of the practice on minors by state-licensed therapists, following an August ruling that upheld a similar law in California. Activists are still fighting to get bans in other states, but the momentum is against the discredited and harmful so-called therapy. Also, as of the New Year’s Day, a Mormon “ex-gay” therapy group disbanded, following in the footsteps of the most famous “ex-gay” group, Exodus International, which shut down last summer.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Gay Comic Publisher Undaunted by Apple's iBook Censorship
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View