PHOTOS: Canal Pride Rides the Waves in Amsterdam
BY Christopher Harrity
August 05 2014 7:01 AM ET
What better way to celebrate Pride then getting hosed on by muscular, beglittered revelers on canal boats? This event in Amsterdam is one of the more unique manifestions of LGBT Pride and one of the more popular to attend by both residents and tourists alike.
Revelers on a boat covered in glitter parade the Prinsengracht canal participating in the Amsterdam Canal Parade during Amsterdam Gay Pride on August 2, 2014 in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Over 500,000 people from all over the world attend the yearly Gay Pride and the Canal Parade where 79 boats with revelers in costume parade the Dutch capital from the Prinsengracht canal to the Amstel river.
Blowing a kiss on the canal.
Time for a little one-on-one Gay Pride in action.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Op-ed: The Decade Masturbation Burst Out of the Closet Before I Did
- PHOTOS: Explore Genderqueer and Other Genders Beyond the Binary
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Is the 'Not Gay No More' Guy for Real?
- Antigay Activist: Buy My 'No Such Thing as Gay' Book