PHOTOS: Sexy Stockholm Pride
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 05 2014 11:41 AM ET
Stockholm celebrated its largest pride ever this past weekend with over 600,000 people in attendance. They watched 153 teams and floats that swept through the streets of the city. Politicians also came out to support the cause with representation from several top political parties, including Prime Minister Fredrik Reinfeldt.
The diversity in this year’s parade was further illustrated by the presence of Stockholm’s soccer and hockey team, AIK and Kiruna IF (the first LGBT-certified hockey team). Stockholm’s sports scene will be front-and-center next year when they host the Eurogames in conjunction with Pride and the Gay & Lesbian Network.
Pride’s message of love and acceptance was palpable in the city. More than 2,000 passengers on an Atlantis cruise had just left the city days prior to the celebration, and a 7/11 also turned one of its stores into a chapel for impromptu weddings. See pics of the event below:
Boys with bouquets for Pride.
A policeman exhibiting adorable dimple Pride.
- #TBT: Hollywood Hunks Laid Bare: 1920s-1930s
- Thousands Rally in S.C. to 'Stand With God' Against Marriage Equality
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- PHOTOS: Equality Advocates Picket Antigay Kentucky Clerk
- Op-ed: Whither Gay Provincetown?