PHOTOS: Nepal Celebrates as Country Verges on Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 11 2014 5:20 PM ET
While the country considers legalizing same-sex marriage, scores of LGBT people and supporters joined a march in Kathmandu today. The event, which the Associated Press reports coincides with the Hindu festival of Gaijatra, became a moment for optimism as the legislation's prospects in Nepal are good — every political party reportedly supports it. The change is expected to be complete by year's end.
See photos from the event on the following pages:
- 10 Tips on Growing Older for LGBT People Under 40
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- The True Meaning of the Word 'Cisgender'
- Leslie Jordan Banishes Antigay Starbucks Patrons: 'Get Out of My House!'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- I Am Jazz: 14, Transgender, and the Star of My Own Docu-series