PHOTOS: Nepal Celebrates as Country Verges on Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 11 2014 5:20 PM ET
While the country considers legalizing same-sex marriage, scores of LGBT people and supporters joined a march in Kathmandu today. The event, which the Associated Press reports coincides with the Hindu festival of Gaijatra, became a moment for optimism as the legislation's prospects in Nepal are good — every political party reportedly supports it. The change is expected to be complete by year's end.
See photos from the event on the following pages:
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Bible-Quoting Man Shoots Couple With BB Gun Outside Minneapolis Gay Bar
- S.C. Fans Show Lack Of Creativity, Smarts in Michael Sam Posters
- 10 Transgender Kings and Queens Who Ruled the School