PHOTOS: Nepal Celebrates as Country Verges on Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 11 2014 5:20 PM ET
While the country considers legalizing same-sex marriage, scores of LGBT people and supporters joined a march in Kathmandu today. The event, which the Associated Press reports coincides with the Hindu festival of Gaijatra, became a moment for optimism as the legislation's prospects in Nepal are good — every political party reportedly supports it. The change is expected to be complete by year's end.
See photos from the event on the following pages:
- Christian Woman Records Herself Losing it Over Marriage Equality, Gets Remixed
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Wedding Advice for Gays and Straights
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- Amber Heard: 'I Don't Want to Have to Deny My Sexuality in Order to Be Me'