PHOTOS: Nepal Celebrates as Country Verges on Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 11 2014 5:20 PM ET
While the country considers legalizing same-sex marriage, scores of LGBT people and supporters joined a march in Kathmandu today. The event, which the Associated Press reports coincides with the Hindu festival of Gaijatra, became a moment for optimism as the legislation's prospects in Nepal are good — every political party reportedly supports it. The change is expected to be complete by year's end.
See photos from the event on the following pages:
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'
- Ex-BYU Student Assaulted, Evicted After Coming Out
- Sweden Is Adding a Gender-Neutral Pronoun to Its Dictionary