PHOTOS: Nepal Celebrates as Country Verges on Marriage Equality
BY Advocate.com Editors
August 11 2014 5:20 PM ET
While the country considers legalizing same-sex marriage, scores of LGBT people and supporters joined a march in Kathmandu today. The event, which the Associated Press reports coincides with the Hindu festival of Gaijatra, became a moment for optimism as the legislation's prospects in Nepal are good — every political party reportedly supports it. The change is expected to be complete by year's end.
See photos from the event on the following pages:
- Lesbian Feminist Cathy Brennan Sues AfterEllen for Defamation
- 60 Music Videos That Raised LGBT Visibility
- Miley Cyrus Confirms: 'I'm Pansexual'
- WATCH: Josh Duggar's Hypocrisy Is No 'Excuse to Live in Sin,' Scolds Tony Perkins
- Op-ed: Michael Sam Helps Therapy Come Out of the Closet
- Op-ed: We Just Saw a Turning Point for Global LGBT Rights