Queer Spring: New LGBT Leaders Everywhere
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
The election of Biedron, a gay man, to the Sejm was another first for Poland. Like Grodzka, Biedron is a member of the burgeoning anticlerical Palikot's Movement, now the third largest political party in terms of seats in the nation's Parliament. Biedron isn't just a gay politician; he's also an LGBT activist. Aside from founding the Campaign Against Homophobia, Biedron is a consultant to several global human rights groups.
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Gov. Mike Pence: 'This Is a Perception Problem'
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination