Queer Spring: New LGBT Leaders Everywhere
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
The election of Biedron, a gay man, to the Sejm was another first for Poland. Like Grodzka, Biedron is a member of the burgeoning anticlerical Palikot's Movement, now the third largest political party in terms of seats in the nation's Parliament. Biedron isn't just a gay politician; he's also an LGBT activist. Aside from founding the Campaign Against Homophobia, Biedron is a consultant to several global human rights groups.
- More Events Cancel Over Gay Hotel Owner's Ted Cruz Dinner Party
- Kris Humphries Blames Vague Tweet, Supports Bruce Jenner
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Check Out The Enormous Support for Bruce Jenner from Celebs on Twitter
- #TBT: Breaking the Gay Code in the Movies
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times