Queer Spring: New LGBT Leaders Everywhere
BY Trudy Ring
January 11 2012 5:00 AM ET
The Scottish Davidson, 33, became active in the Conservative Party of the U.K. after leaving her job as a BBC journalist, eventually getting elected to the Scottish Parliament. In November she was chosen by her fellow party members as the first out person to lead the Scottish Conservative Party. She soon had a cordial meeting with British prime minister David Cameron to discuss Scottish independence.
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- Op-ed: Think Before You Tweet 'Homophobe'
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality