Romance and Roulette: Why Vegas Is for Gay Lovers
BY Lucas Grindley
February 14 2012 4:00 AM ET
We had already finished our third couple's massage, one for each day we were in town. It turns out that starting your day at the spa makes everything easier. At Encore at the Wynn, the masseuse dramatically swung open the door to the spa with a grand "Welcome!" As we walked down a golden carpet flanked on both sides by a stone garden, the giant Buddha at the end of the walkway signaled we were about to enter a higher plane.
At one of Vegas's gay pool parties, I ran into Josh Strickland, star of Planet Hollywood's Peepshow. "Incredible" is how he and his boyfriend described the Encore spa. "And there was no problem that two guys were getting a massage," Strickland said. My husband and I found the same thing at Aria and the Cosmopolitan, where they even leave you afterward, alone in a private suite with a steam shower, oversize tub, and other amenities to enjoy however you wish.
There's a big-screen TV too, but you won't need it.
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- The Many Faces of LGBT Family
- WATCH: Teen Uses Bar Mitzvah Speech to Call for Marriage Equality
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Salvation Army 'Does Not Consider Homosexual Orientation a Sin'
- WATCH: Obama Invokes LGBT Rights in Mandela Eulogy
- Commentary Op-ed: Immigration Goes Beyond Documentation 2 hours 9 min ago
- Day in LGBT America The Many Faces of LGBT Family 6:00 AM
- Comedy Meet the Lesbian Who Won a Comedy Cage Match 6:00 AM
- Women Emily Rios' Lesbian Character on The Bridge Upped to Series Regular December 10 2013 8:47 PM
- Media Russia Expert to Offer Political Commentary During Olympics December 10 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel In-Flight Cellphone Conversations: Dream or Nightmare? December 10 2013 7:48 PM
- Politics New Gay U.S. Ambassador Meets With Dominican President December 10 2013 7:08 PM