Best Bang for Your Buck
BY Jeff Yarbrough
January 09 2012 6:00 PM ET
10 Hampton Terrace
In the South Street neighborhood of Northampton
Sold for $510,000
This turn-of-the-century Victorian mini-manse comes with four bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and lots of original details like built-in shelves, screened-in porch, and a three-car carriage house. The two-story residence sits on an acre-plus of lushly landscaped land, adjacent to a number of walking trails. Smith College is just a short jaunt away. And this is one of the few homes in the hood with a golf course view. (For similar properties contact Pauline Fogel at Pauline Fogel Real Estate,  585-0050.)
BEST BET: NORTHAMPTON Aside from Hampton Terrace's obvious shout-out to lesbians (nature trails, Smith, golf), the gays will appreciate the home's revved-up Grey Gardens-style appeal. Nothing goes with gay like a good-boned Vic. Additionally, the 1.35-acre parcel provides room for on-site peak fall color viewing or grand holiday Nativity installations and the possibility of adding square footage without dealing with setback limitations.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: Gay Voice Is Ruining Lives
- t.A.T.u. Singer OK with Lesbians, But Being Gay Is 'Unmanly'
- WATCH: Straight Dad Punched For Calling Out Woman's Antigay Slurs
- Boys Wear Skirts to Class in Protest After School Fines Trans Girl for Wearing Skirt
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media