Best Bang for Your Buck
BY Jeff Yarbrough
January 09 2012 5:00 PM ET
10 Hampton Terrace
In the South Street neighborhood of Northampton
Sold for $510,000
This turn-of-the-century Victorian mini-manse comes with four bedrooms, two-and-a-half bathrooms, and lots of original details like built-in shelves, screened-in porch, and a three-car carriage house. The two-story residence sits on an acre-plus of lushly landscaped land, adjacent to a number of walking trails. Smith College is just a short jaunt away. And this is one of the few homes in the hood with a golf course view. (For similar properties contact Pauline Fogel at Pauline Fogel Real Estate,  585-0050.)
BEST BET: NORTHAMPTON Aside from Hampton Terrace's obvious shout-out to lesbians (nature trails, Smith, golf), the gays will appreciate the home's revved-up Grey Gardens-style appeal. Nothing goes with gay like a good-boned Vic. Additionally, the 1.35-acre parcel provides room for on-site peak fall color viewing or grand holiday Nativity installations and the possibility of adding square footage without dealing with setback limitations.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View