A Small Way Gay People Are Changing the World
BY Michelle Garcia
February 16 2012 5:00 AM ET
Kazhal - Iraq
Kazhal is 26, single and lives in Iraq and runs a beauty salon. She needs $2,400 to refresh her supplies and buy massage equipment to expand her menu of services. NOTE: Based on the political and social challenges of lending in Iraq, personally identifiable information about this borrower has been altered for her protection.
- Op-ed: Be a Lady, Not a Tramp
- BREAKING: Federal Judge Upholds Puerto Rico Marriage Ban
- WATCH: CNN's Cooper, Lemon Explore Their Roots in Special Program
- Michael Sam Released From Dallas Cowboys, Vows to Fight for Opportunity to 'Play Every Sunday'
- Playwright Responds to N.C. High School That Canceled Play Due to Gay Scene
- S.C. Congressional Candidate: Beware of Gay 'Gremlins'