A Small Way Gay People Are Changing the World
BY Michelle Garcia
February 16 2012 5:00 AM ET
Kazhal - Iraq
Kazhal is 26, single and lives in Iraq and runs a beauty salon. She needs $2,400 to refresh her supplies and buy massage equipment to expand her menu of services. NOTE: Based on the political and social challenges of lending in Iraq, personally identifiable information about this borrower has been altered for her protection.
- Why These Four Justices Rejected Marriage Equality
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Texas Pastor Who Threatened to Set Himself Aflame Now 'Loves' Gays
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Why Is the Duggar Family Paying the Cops Investigating Them?