A Small Way Gay People Are Changing the World
BY Michelle Garcia
February 16 2012 5:00 AM ET
Kazhal - Iraq
Kazhal is 26, single and lives in Iraq and runs a beauty salon. She needs $2,400 to refresh her supplies and buy massage equipment to expand her menu of services. NOTE: Based on the political and social challenges of lending in Iraq, personally identifiable information about this borrower has been altered for her protection.
- Where in the World Are the Happiest Gay Men?
- New Report Underlines Savage Inequalities Faced by LGBT Americans
- Poised for Perfection: Sgt. Shane Ortega Puts a Face to the Transgender Military Ban
- Out NYC Owner Hires Omar Sharif Jr. as Community Liaison
- Greenland Parliament Unanimously Green-Lights Marriage Equality
- REPORT: Bisexuals Face Biphobia at Doctor's Office, LGBT Groups