150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE FAMILY DOESN’T ALWAYS STICK TOGETHER
Adam Bouska has enlisted the family of a failed Republican presidential candidate in his “No H8” photo campaign for gay rights—with Meghan McCain and Cindy McCain posing for his camera. If only Bouska could duct-tape the mouth of John McCain’s former running mate…
BECAUSE EVEN REALITY STARS WANT A PIECE OF THE ACTION
Those Real Housewives of various locales may have plenty of gay BFFs, but at least one of the players in this pop culture phenomenon has tried the actual gay thing herself. The news came out earlier this year of a romance between Kim Zolciak of The Real Housewives of Atlanta and popular lesbian DJ Tracy Young. While Zolciak was cagey when the first reports surfaced, she finally acknowledged that she and Young were together, telling Life & Style, “I’m among the millions of parents who have been in a gay or lesbian relationship.”
- Bruce Jenner: 'I'm A Woman'
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People
- AIDS Org. Made Men Over 40 Pay to Attend Pool Party