150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE WE LIKE FOOTBALL TOO
Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbedejo wrote an essay for The Huffington Post last year supporting marriage equality. New Orleans Saints linebacker Scott Fujita (pictured) publicly supported him, and both guys took some heat for their stance but refused to back down. Perhaps not to be outdone by Fujita, teammate Jeremy Shockey allowed people of any gender to enter a Facebook contest to win a dinner date with him.
BECAUSE THE GREAT SCOT IS FEARLESS
Whether frequently dropping trou on screen, believably playing gay characters, or expressing indignation at homophobic laughter on Good Morning America, Ewan McGregor has our eternal admiration.
- Bruce Jenner Ends Speculation, Comes Out as Transgender Woman
- Reba McEntire: First Time I Saw a Reba Drag Queen 'It Really Ticked Me Off'
- Ted Cruz/OUT NYC Fallout: Broadway Cares Cancels Benefit at Hotel
- Op-ed: Michfest's Founder Chose to Shut Down Rather Than Change With the Times
- Gay High-Schooler Gets Date for Prom — With Straight Best Friend
- 7 Lessons in How (And How Not) to Interview Trans People