150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 4:00 AM ET
BECAUSE MASSACHUSETTS REPRESENTATIVE BARNEY FRANK SAYS EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO AFRAID OR TOO EMBARRASSED TO
Is there such a thing as too frank? No.
BECAUSE WE’VE GOT POWER IN NUMBERS
When one antigay man showed up to protest a production of The Laramie Project at Dutchtown High School in Geismar, La., he found himself facing 500 gay-positive counterprotesters.
BECAUSE WE CREATE GEMS IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
One of the best gay clubs in New Mexico is inside an old folks’ home. The Silver Starlight Lounge, located within Santa Fe’s gay-inclusive Rainbow Vision retirement community, hosts events like “Trash Disco” and the “Mr. Rise n’ Shine Bear Contest”—all just a stone’s throw from the Billie Jean King Spa and Fitness Center.
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- One Day in Big Gaylarious America
- PHOTOS: 6 Couples Australia's High Court Says Aren't Married Anymore
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Op-ed: Two and a Half Men Introduces Trans Character, Manages to Stay Respectful
- Comedy WATCH: Billy Eichner and Amy Poehler Have Aggressive Christmas Spirit 40 min 11 sec ago
- Day in LGBT America PHOTOS: One Day in Big Gaylarious America 7:00 AM
- Holiday Gifts for Everyone 15 Gifts to Keep You Gorgeous 6:00 AM
- Acceptance Matters Op-ed: Differences Don't Make Families Inferior 5:00 AM
- Parenting Nonprofit Serves Up Resource to Answer LGBT Parents' Questions 5:00 AM
- Marriage Equality Australia's High Court Says These Couples Aren't Married December 11 2013 8:37 PM
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling December 11 2013 7:42 PM