150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE MASSACHUSETTS REPRESENTATIVE BARNEY FRANK SAYS EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO AFRAID OR TOO EMBARRASSED TO
Is there such a thing as too frank? No.
BECAUSE WE’VE GOT POWER IN NUMBERS
When one antigay man showed up to protest a production of The Laramie Project at Dutchtown High School in Geismar, La., he found himself facing 500 gay-positive counterprotesters.
BECAUSE WE CREATE GEMS IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
One of the best gay clubs in New Mexico is inside an old folks’ home. The Silver Starlight Lounge, located within Santa Fe’s gay-inclusive Rainbow Vision retirement community, hosts events like “Trash Disco” and the “Mr. Rise n’ Shine Bear Contest”—all just a stone’s throw from the Billie Jean King Spa and Fitness Center.
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Op-ed: How Transparent Tried and Failed to Represent Trans Men
- That's Amoré! 11 Irresistible Images of What Happened When Rome Recognized Same-Sex Marriages
- WATCH: In Pat Robertson's Latest Diatribe, Gays Are 'Terrorists'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers