150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE MASSACHUSETTS REPRESENTATIVE BARNEY FRANK SAYS EVERYTHING EVERYONE ELSE IS TOO AFRAID OR TOO EMBARRASSED TO
Is there such a thing as too frank? No.
BECAUSE WE’VE GOT POWER IN NUMBERS
When one antigay man showed up to protest a production of The Laramie Project at Dutchtown High School in Geismar, La., he found himself facing 500 gay-positive counterprotesters.
BECAUSE WE CREATE GEMS IN UNEXPECTED PLACES
One of the best gay clubs in New Mexico is inside an old folks’ home. The Silver Starlight Lounge, located within Santa Fe’s gay-inclusive Rainbow Vision retirement community, hosts events like “Trash Disco” and the “Mr. Rise n’ Shine Bear Contest”—all just a stone’s throw from the Billie Jean King Spa and Fitness Center.
- Multiple Attacks on Gay Men in NYC, Hours After Rally
- Father of Teen Facing Felony for Lesbian Relationship Says She's Been Targeted Before
- LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform Good as Dead, Say Advocates
- Democrats and Republicans Alike Wary of Virginia's Radical Lt. Gov. Nominee
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Women INTERVIEW: Vicci Martinez Speaks her Truth 1 hour 16 min ago
- Politics Neither Democrats Nor Republicans Pleased With Virginia's GOP Lt. Gov. Nominee 2 hours 11 min ago
- Entertainment News Bling King: Liberace Car, Piano on View in NYC 2 hours 28 min ago
- Love and Sex Dear Digital Romeo: How Do I Seduce a Guy Through Chat? 2 hours 51 min ago
- Women Free Kate — She's Been Targeted Before, Says Father 4:09 PM
- Marriage Equality Illinois Will Pass Marriage Equality Bill, Sponsor Says 3:26 PM
- Women Op-Ed: Case of Lesbian Teen Kaitlyn Hunt Raises Questions About Sexual Double Standard 3:13 PM