150 Reasons to Have Pride in 2010
BY Advocate Contributors
May 10 2010 5:00 AM ET
BECAUSE AN ODE CAN GET YOU
When eight friends from New York City headed for
Fire Island Pines, slipped into their swimsuits, and filmed themselves
splashing in the ocean to Miley Cyrus’s “Party in the USA,” they became
overnight Internet sensations. Among their biggest fans? Cyrus herself,
who tweeted that she was “obsessed” with the video. And she wasn’t the
first star to find herself fascinated with a tribute from a gay fan.
Dancer Shane Mercado so impressed Beyoncé when he danced up a storm to
her “Single Ladies” that she invited him to join her on the red carpet
at the premiere for her film Cadillac Records.
BECAUSE YOU’VE BEEN TRAINING
Are you a competitive ballroom
dancer or a power lifter? Either way, it looks like you’ll find your
people at Gay Games VIII, which kicks off July 31 in Cologne, Germany.
WE KNOW WHAT’S GOOD FOR THE KIDS, AND IT ISN’T DISCRIMINATION
April, Chris Piazza, a circuit court judge in Arkansas, overturned a
state ban on unmarried couples living together—including same-sex
couples—adopting or fostering children. Piazza struck down the law,
approved by voters in 2008, saying it unduly limited the pool of
suitable foster and adoptive parents and didn’t serve the interests of
children who need a home.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Crime Gay Man Gunned Down in NYC Street, Dies 1 hour 46 min ago
- Youth Florida Teen Arrested, Expelled for Same-Sex Relationship 2 hours 12 min ago
- Media Legendary Gay Gossip Columnist Michael Musto Responds to Being Laid Off 3:21 PM
- Marriage Equality Vive la France! Hollande Signs Marriage Equality Bill 12:20 PM
- Photography Photos: Cuba Libre 5:29 AM
- Television These 20 Sexy Pics of Stephen Amell Will Hit Your Bullseye May 17 2013 9:00 PM
- Politics Portugal Approves Adoption Rights for Same-Sex Spouses May 17 2013 8:32 PM