BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 10:00 PM ET
Videos Get the Gay Makeover
AIDS/LifeCycle riders re-created Katy Perry’s “California Gurls”, fit guys in tiny shorts created a super-synchronized dance ode to Perry’s “Peacock” (with an actual peacock), and U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan made their own elaborately staged version of Lady Gaga’s “Telephone.” The music video remake trend was in full force this year, whether by gays or in tribute to emerging gay icons. The production values have gone up significantly since the first crop of “Single Ladies” remakes in messy bedrooms, so would-be Cecil B. DeMilles take note: You better bring it.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Support Their Kid Wearing Suits
- Did Nickelodeon Just Confirm Legend of Korra Same-Sex Romance?
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- This Year's Coolest Straight People in Entertainment
- Freddy Krave Is His Own Best Model
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View