BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 11:00 PM ET
Videos Get the Gay Makeover
AIDS/LifeCycle riders re-created Katy Perry’s “California Gurls”, fit guys in tiny shorts created a super-synchronized dance ode to Perry’s “Peacock” (with an actual peacock), and U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan made their own elaborately staged version of Lady Gaga’s “Telephone.” The music video remake trend was in full force this year, whether by gays or in tribute to emerging gay icons. The production values have gone up significantly since the first crop of “Single Ladies” remakes in messy bedrooms, so would-be Cecil B. DeMilles take note: You better bring it.
- Indiana Newspaper Sends Big Message
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- These Indiana Businesses Haven't Weighed in on Discrimination
- Op-ed: Angelina Jolie's Choice Bolsters the Trans Argument
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- Mormon Missionary Positions