BY Advocate Contributors
November 16 2010 11:00 PM ET
Marriage Equality Circle the Globe
Maybe it’s something in the water. Three countries touching the Atlantic—Argentina, Iceland, and Portugal—all passed marriage equality legislation this year. Iceland’s prime minister, Johanna Sigurdardottir (pictured), wasted no time in becoming the first gay head of state to legally marry, tying the knot with her partner in June.
- Gay Artists & Artwork From Around the Globe | Artist Spotlight
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Op-ed: The Trouble With Teen Wolf