21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 4:00 AM ET
11. No PDA If You’re Gay?
First a kiss-in pic was removed from Facebook (a mistake, officials say). Then musician Ari Gold was told to move to the back of the bus for cuddling with his boyfriend, and L Word star Leisha Hailey and Uh Huh Her band mate girlfriend Camila Grey got booted from Southwest Airlines. They said it was same-sex PDA that got ’em the boot; Southwest’s people said they totally dig the gays but accused the lovebirds of crossing the line of what’s appropriate.
(RELATED: Gay Couple Told to Move to Back of Bus)
- A Best-Case, Worst-Case Look at the Supreme Court's Options
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- Op-ed: 6 Lessons a Straight Couple Learned From Owning a Gay Bar
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Op-ed: Male Gays and the Male Gaze
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Skewers Bobby Jindal Prayer Rally