21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 5:00 AM ET
15. DOMA Defense Continues
President Obama declared the Defense of Marriage Act to be indefensible because it violates the U.S. Constitution. But that hasn’t stopped House speaker John Boehner from funding lawyers (to the tune of $1.5 million) who argue the law must be upheld because gay people aren’t really discriminated against, they’re bad parents, and being gay is a choice.
- Artist Spotlight: Czanara
- Hot Sheet: Guardians and Go-Go Boys
- Michelle Duggar Gets Verdict In Her Quest Against LGBT Ordinance in Ark.
- Reporter Gerrick Kennedy Finds The Music You're Going To Love
- Michael Lannan's Looking Is More Than Gay Sex and the City
- Op-ed: In Mass. Politics, Love Now Dares to Speak Its Name