21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 5:00 AM ET
16. Census Proves We Are Everywhere
The Williams Institute partnered with the U.S. Census to estimate the size of the gay population — nearly 4% of Americans are openly LGBT, and they live in almost every municipality in the nation.
(RELATED: Census: New Mexico, Rhode Island Heavily Gay)
- Facebook Apologizes for 'Real Name' Policy
- The New 'Republicans Are People Too' Twitter Campaign Is An Epic Fail
- California Becomes First State to Ban Gay, Trans 'Panic' Defenses
- Holder's Final Vow to Supreme Court: Uphold Marriage Equality
- Read This Mich. Democrat's Epic Response to Antigay Group's 'Pile of Excrement'
- WATCH: Ariz. High School Throws Out Ballots for Lesbian Homecoming Couple