21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 5:00 AM ET
16. Census Proves We Are Everywhere
The Williams Institute partnered with the U.S. Census to estimate the size of the gay population — nearly 4% of Americans are openly LGBT, and they live in almost every municipality in the nation.
(RELATED: Census: New Mexico, Rhode Island Heavily Gay)
- Has Gaga Lost the Gays?
- Philly: Catholic High School Fires Basketball Coach for Connection to Antigay Beating
- Artist Spotlight: Roberta Marrero
- Jon Stewart Remembers When The NFL's Biggest Distraction Was a Gay Player
- The 50 Most Influential LGBT People in Media
- Drink Baileys in Cameroon, Go to Jail for Being Gay