21 Top News Stories of the Year
BY Lucas Grindley
November 14 2011 4:00 AM ET
16. Census Proves We Are Everywhere
The Williams Institute partnered with the U.S. Census to estimate the size of the gay population — nearly 4% of Americans are openly LGBT, and they live in almost every municipality in the nation.
(RELATED: Census: New Mexico, Rhode Island Heavily Gay)
- WATCH: Laverne Cox Caught in Middle of Screaming Match on The View
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Supreme Court Rebuffs Florida — Marriages to Begin January 6
- WATCH: Partner of Sydney Siege Hero Remembers His 'Soulmate'
- Emily Blunt: 'I Want to Be a Gay Icon'
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers