Ones to Watch
BY Ari Karpel
May 18 2012 4:00 AM ET
A reality-show refugee, Martinez was bumped from the first season of The Voice but landed a deal with Universal Republic due to her rendition of Florence and the Machine’s “Dog Days Are Over.” Her new, self-titled album arrives in June, and tour dates are soon to follow at VicciMartinez.com.
- Op-ed: Gay Nightlife Is Dead — Long Live Gay Nightlife
- WATCH: Sprint Sends Customer Email to 'Gay Sissyboy'
- Op-ed: Rethinking the Shame Game Against Homophobes
- RuPaul's Drag Race, Logo TV Apologize for Transphobic Slur
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Ala. Woman Charged With Murder of Son's Boyfriend