Going Hollywood at Joseph Abboud
BY Matthew Breen
July 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Backstage at the Joseph Abboud Fall 2012 fashion show.
Though Savile Row tailored clothes cost the arm and leg they are cut to clothe, Joseph Abboud aims for a more affordable price point, many suits costing $600–$700.
“[London] really gave me the ability and knowledge to translate that kind of luxury into much more reasonable price,” he says. Though a classically tailored suit is meant to endure, there’s nothing static about Rojo’s designs for the future of Joseph Abboud. “I don’t try to maintain the collection I started, it will continue to evolve. Every season, every year, whenever it’s needed.”
Rojo moved to the United States in 1999 and now lives in Manhattan with David Goldenberg, his partner of nine years. He travels to Los Angeles frequently but laments that the big-screen elegance isn’t a daily reality.
- South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books
- WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah
- Timothy Dolan Uncomfortable as Pope Calls for Study of Civil Unions
- Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play
- Low-Income Apartment Complex for LGBT Seniors Opens in Philadelphia
- Op-ed: A Second Look at Bisexuality
- Politics South Carolina Legislators Vote to Cut University Funding for Assigning LGBT Books 4:46 PM
- Politics WATCH: One Gay Man's Touching Plea for Equality in Utah 3:09 PM
- Religion Uncomfortable: Timothy Dolan Versus Pope on Civil Unions 3:04 PM
- Politics WATCH: Low-Income Apartments for LGBT Seniors Open 1:49 PM
- Comedy Johnny and Tara at 30 Rock, Can't Stop With Play-By-Play 1:00 PM
- Comedy 8 Movies Made Better With 'Let It Go' 11:50 AM
- Film Gay-Helmed Sci-Fi Film Space Station 76 Debuts at SXSW March 08 2014 8:15 PM