Going Hollywood at Joseph Abboud
BY Matthew Breen
July 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Backstage at the Joseph Abboud Fall 2012 fashion show.
Though Savile Row tailored clothes cost the arm and leg they are cut to clothe, Joseph Abboud aims for a more affordable price point, many suits costing $600–$700.
“[London] really gave me the ability and knowledge to translate that kind of luxury into much more reasonable price,” he says. Though a classically tailored suit is meant to endure, there’s nothing static about Rojo’s designs for the future of Joseph Abboud. “I don’t try to maintain the collection I started, it will continue to evolve. Every season, every year, whenever it’s needed.”
Rojo moved to the United States in 1999 and now lives in Manhattan with David Goldenberg, his partner of nine years. He travels to Los Angeles frequently but laments that the big-screen elegance isn’t a daily reality.
- Game of Thrones Actor Kristian Nairn Reveals He's Gay
- Op-ed: What People Don't Get About Dismay Over Jared Leto
- WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families
- The Striking Muxe: Mexico's Third Gender
- Gay Tenn. 12-Year-Old Still Fighting the ‘Don’t Say Gay’ Bill He Helped Kill
- Far-Right Minister: Gays Responsible for Ukraine Crisis
- Current Issue Truly Social Networking 20 min 13 sec ago
- Seat Filler 5 Must-See Shows: What's Gay Off-Broadway 1 hour 21 min ago
- Media Chicago Monthly Paper Threatens to Out Aldermen March 11 2014 8:40 PM
- Travel VIDEO: George Takei at Austin's SXSW Festival March 11 2014 7:17 PM
- Women WATCH: Bisexuality v. Pansexuality - We Discuss the Difference March 11 2014 7:02 PM
- Television WATCH: Honey Maid's Newest Commercial Features Gay Families March 11 2014 6:45 PM
- Women 5 Things That Pissed Us Off This Week: Homegrown Homophobia March 11 2014 6:27 PM