Going Hollywood at Joseph Abboud
BY Matthew Breen
July 13 2012 4:00 AM ET
Backstage at the Joseph Abboud Fall 2012 fashion show.
Though Savile Row tailored clothes cost the arm and leg they are cut to clothe, Joseph Abboud aims for a more affordable price point, many suits costing $600–$700.
“[London] really gave me the ability and knowledge to translate that kind of luxury into much more reasonable price,” he says. Though a classically tailored suit is meant to endure, there’s nothing static about Rojo’s designs for the future of Joseph Abboud. “I don’t try to maintain the collection I started, it will continue to evolve. Every season, every year, whenever it’s needed.”
Rojo moved to the United States in 1999 and now lives in Manhattan with David Goldenberg, his partner of nine years. He travels to Los Angeles frequently but laments that the big-screen elegance isn’t a daily reality.
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Fitness A Workout Especially for HIV-Positive People 10 min 59 sec ago
- Music Austra's Summer Soundtrack 24 min 28 sec ago
- Books James Franco's A California Childhood: Win Signed Copy 30 min 56 sec ago
- Music WATCH: Cher Wigs Out on The Voice 1 hour 1 min ago
- Entertainment News CA Town Hoists And Promptly Removes Gay Pride Flag 2 hours 8 min ago
- No More Bullying Meet the 2013 Point Scholars: Living Proof It Does Get Better 6:00 AM
- Commentary Op-ed: Dreaming in the White House 5:05 AM