Going Hollywood at Joseph Abboud
BY Matthew Breen
July 13 2012 3:00 AM ET
Backstage at the Joseph Abboud Fall 2012 fashion show.
Though Savile Row tailored clothes cost the arm and leg they are cut to clothe, Joseph Abboud aims for a more affordable price point, many suits costing $600–$700.
“[London] really gave me the ability and knowledge to translate that kind of luxury into much more reasonable price,” he says. Though a classically tailored suit is meant to endure, there’s nothing static about Rojo’s designs for the future of Joseph Abboud. “I don’t try to maintain the collection I started, it will continue to evolve. Every season, every year, whenever it’s needed.”
Rojo moved to the United States in 1999 and now lives in Manhattan with David Goldenberg, his partner of nine years. He travels to Los Angeles frequently but laments that the big-screen elegance isn’t a daily reality.
- WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Colo. Baker Ready to Go to Jail for Jesus
- Buck Angel Shuts Down Transgender Surgery Fundraising Site
- PHOTOS: India's Supreme Court Reinstates Sodomy Ban
- Blogger: Salvation Army No Friend to LGBT Folks
- Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark
- WATCH: The Best of LGBT Chorus Holiday Music
- Women Meet Gender Scientist Anne Fausto-Sterling 9 min 30 sec ago
- Women WATCH: Michelle Chamuel Returns to The Voice with 'Go Down Singing' 41 min 36 sec ago
- Politics Mich. Governor Condemns RNC Member's Latest Antigay Remark 50 min 35 sec ago
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Right Wing Swoons Over Antigay Baker 1 hour 7 min ago
- Travel What Airline Scored 100% on HRC's Corporate Equality Index? 1 hour 7 min ago
- Entertainment News The Queer Quotient at the SAG Awards 1 hour 48 min ago
- Entertainment News GQ Germany Features Famous Straight Men Kissing for Tolerance 4:28 PM