Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 4:00 AM ET
Issue 664, September 20, 1994
The popular composer-musician answered our very direct questions about his sexuality.
“I don’t think it is necessary for everybody to identify themselves in terms of sexual proclivity because life is so much more than that — even though I understand the need to do that because of the repression and lack of acceptance of the gay world.”
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Meet This Year's 'Prime Time 25'
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'