Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 664, September 20, 1994
The popular composer-musician answered our very direct questions about his sexuality.
“I don’t think it is necessary for everybody to identify themselves in terms of sexual proclivity because life is so much more than that — even though I understand the need to do that because of the repression and lack of acceptance of the gay world.”
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion