Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 891, June 10, 2003
While rebounding from the death of one child and the life-threatening illness of another, the accomplished Broadway and TV star came out publicly after writing Following Foo, a document of his struggle.
“Some days I think, You’re never going to work again. I think there’s real reason to worry, as anyone reading this magazine can understand. The book, for me, means I’m calling into question the whole career thing. But that’s OK. Part of what this book is about is letting the path go where it goes.”
- Arrow and The Flash Stars: It's Time for a Gay Superhero on TV
- Op-ed: 'Religious Discrimination' Laws Have Nothing to Do With Religion
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- Subaru Comes Out Against Indiana's 'License to Discriminate'
- Mormon Missionary Positions
- Mike Pence 'Abhors' Discrimination? His Record Shows Otherwise