Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 891, June 10, 2003
While rebounding from the death of one child and the life-threatening illness of another, the accomplished Broadway and TV star came out publicly after writing Following Foo, a document of his struggle.
“Some days I think, You’re never going to work again. I think there’s real reason to worry, as anyone reading this magazine can understand. The book, for me, means I’m calling into question the whole career thing. But that’s OK. Part of what this book is about is letting the path go where it goes.”
- UFC Women's Champ Refuses to Fight Trans Athlete Fallon Fox
- The Top 175 Essential Films of All Time for LGBT Viewers
- Op-ed: Are Millennials More Racist Than Antigay?
- First Gay Couple to Wed at West Point Turns Tables on Antigay Attacker
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: Stonewall Movie Drops First Trailer