Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 1049, June-July 2011
Sixteen years after coming out as a lesbian in The Advocate, the activist son of entertainers Sonny and Cher came out as a transgender man, and shared his reason for being so public with his transition.
“I want to help people avoid going through what I went through. I don’t want people to wait until they’re 40 to be who they are.”
- Hot Sheet: It's Ryan Time Again
- Artist Spotlight: Paul Reitz
- 13 LGBT Roles That Didn't Kill These A-List Actors' Careers
- Laverne Cox Distances Herself From Controversial Trans Inmate
- The Hidden Message in Supreme Court's Recent Marriage Rulings
- #27BiStories: When Did You Come Out? What Was the Response Like?