Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 1049, June-July 2011
Sixteen years after coming out as a lesbian in The Advocate, the activist son of entertainers Sonny and Cher came out as a transgender man, and shared his reason for being so public with his transition.
“I want to help people avoid going through what I went through. I don’t want people to wait until they’re 40 to be who they are.”
- Backlash Continues: Angie's List Cancels Indiana Expansion
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- Is It Time for These Indiana Events to Relocate?
- 6 Bad Behaviors for HIV-Positive People
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'