Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 4:00 AM ET
Issue 1049, June-July 2011
Sixteen years after coming out as a lesbian in The Advocate, the activist son of entertainers Sonny and Cher came out as a transgender man, and shared his reason for being so public with his transition.
“I want to help people avoid going through what I went through. I don’t want people to wait until they’re 40 to be who they are.”
- Artist Spotlight: Carlos Barahona Possollo
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- WATCH: George Takei Parodies TLC's My Husband’s Not Gay
- Patrick Stewart: 'Supporting Gay Rights Is Natural'
- Gallery of Geek: J. Bone
- Alabama Probate Judges Association: We 'Cannot Legally' Issue Marriage Licenses to Gay Couples