Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 337, March 4, 1982
The screenwriter of the landmark first gay-themed film from a major studio, Making Love, spoke about feeling as liberated as the characters he created.
“[Doing Making Love] has had a profound and recognizable effect on my personal life. Once you acknowledge to the world, once there are no more secrets, you’re no longer concerned about going to a party with another guy. I don’t give a shit anymore. This is who I am.”
- WATCH: Ireland's New Marriage Equality Ad Will Give You Goosebumps
- Pa. Students Allegedly Throw 'Anti-Gay Day,' Write 'Lynch List'
- Scott Eastwood: 'I Support Gay Marriage'
- World Goes Bonkers On Antigay Michigan Repairman
- Bryan Cranston: 'End This Silliness' of Opposing Marriage Equality
- Rachel Maddow Spoofs Minnesota Senate's 'No Eye Contact' Rule