Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 4:00 AM ET
Issue 337, March 4, 1982
The screenwriter of the landmark first gay-themed film from a major studio, Making Love, spoke about feeling as liberated as the characters he created.
“[Doing Making Love] has had a profound and recognizable effect on my personal life. Once you acknowledge to the world, once there are no more secrets, you’re no longer concerned about going to a party with another guy. I don’t give a shit anymore. This is who I am.”
- #TBT: They Died in the Closet
- 5 James Baldwin Quotes That Foreshadowed Ferguson
- Another Lap for Michael Phelps’s Self-Proclaimed Girlfriend
- Why the Mississippi Marriage Win Is Our Most Important Yet
- Texas AG: Same-Sex Couples' Request to Marry 'Untimely, Out of Order'
- Book Excerpt: Richard Blanco's First 'San Giving'