Coming Out in Print
BY Jeremy Kinser
August 23 2012 5:00 AM ET
Issue 337, March 4, 1982
The screenwriter of the landmark first gay-themed film from a major studio, Making Love, spoke about feeling as liberated as the characters he created.
“[Doing Making Love] has had a profound and recognizable effect on my personal life. Once you acknowledge to the world, once there are no more secrets, you’re no longer concerned about going to a party with another guy. I don’t give a shit anymore. This is who I am.”
- WATCH: Mississippi Clerk Refuses to Wed Gay Couples, Quits After 24 Years
- George Takei Takes on Clarence Thomas and Donald Trump (and Wins!)
- Girl Scouts Return $100K When Donor Demands It 'Not Be Used' For Trans Girls
- Will Marriage Equality Cause a Spike in Homeless LGBT Youth?
- Tennessee Hardware Store Puts Up 'No Gays Allowed' Sign
- PHOTOS: A Global Pride Explosion