What Justin Hernandez Advocates This Month
BY Advocate Contributors
September 10 2012 4:00 AM ET
...The Hetrick-Martin Institute
It offers a variety of after-school programs, including job-readiness training, tutoring, counseling, and exploring the arts. Most important, it’s a safe space for LGBTQ youth who are coming to terms with their sexuality. I grew up in the homophobic Bronx during the ’80s and was also exposed to sexual abuse, so I know how tough it can be during those formative years when you don’t have the best surroundings. These are the leaders of the future, and it’s great that they have that environment where they are free to be themselves while being mentored and encouraged to reach their full potential. HMI.org
- Time to #BoycottIndiana? Celebs Blow Up Social Media
- 7 Immediate Examples of Backlash to Indiana's 'Religious Freedom'
- After Indiana, 23 More States Could Pass Discrimination Bills
- 11 Bad Habits Killing LGBT People
- WATCH: To Rand Paul, Marriage Equality Signals 'Moral Crisis'
- Trixie Mattel on Drag Race Elimination: 'It Was Rude'