Political Chicken: What Queer Chefs Say About Chick-fil-A
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
"That's ridiculous. I went to a Chick-fil-A for the first time this summer — I was driving across the country in Amarillo, Texas. And I think the people in there recognized me because when my mom and I got around to the drive-thru, which I never even do, and they're like 'Oh, the food's on us.' And I was like, 'What? Why would they do that?' And my mom was like, 'well, they must know who you are.' And I was like, 'why would they give away their Chick-fil-A?' I was like, 'well, thanks!'
"But that's a bummer. Food is usually a more unifying force. I think it's stupid when it gets too aligned with anything hateful. That's just really unfortunate."
- An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement?
- Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other
- PHOTOS: Pride From France to Italy to Greece
- Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend
- Op-ed: How Animated Shows Like Futurama Can Unite Us All
- President Obama Adresses LGBT Rights in Berlin Speech
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: How My Mom Found Out About My Boyfriend 33 min 4 sec ago
- Religion An Exodus From the 'Ex-Gay' Movement? 12:50 AM
- Entertainment News A Moment For James Gandolfini June 19 2013 11:38 PM
- Entertainment News Muscle Worship: Meet the Men of L.A.'s New Gay Strip Club June 19 2013 9:45 PM
- Religion Filipino Archbishop Says Gay Men and Lesbians Can Marry — Each Other June 19 2013 7:56 PM
- Travel Drag Racing in Jerusalem June 19 2013 7:20 PM
- Crime Police Seek Suspects Who Vandalized Chick-fil-A With Antigay Slurs June 19 2013 7:18 PM