Political Chicken: What Queer Chefs Say About Chick-fil-A
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 16 2012 3:00 AM ET
"That's ridiculous. I went to a Chick-fil-A for the first time this summer — I was driving across the country in Amarillo, Texas. And I think the people in there recognized me because when my mom and I got around to the drive-thru, which I never even do, and they're like 'Oh, the food's on us.' And I was like, 'What? Why would they do that?' And my mom was like, 'well, they must know who you are.' And I was like, 'why would they give away their Chick-fil-A?' I was like, 'well, thanks!'
"But that's a bummer. Food is usually a more unifying force. I think it's stupid when it gets too aligned with anything hateful. That's just really unfortunate."
- Media PHOTOS: Adam Lambert, Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Fergie at TrevorLIVE Benefit 1 hour 54 min ago
- Women New Family Ties: Meredith Baxter Marries Nancy Locke 8:01 PM
- Travel Spider-Man Will Welcome In 2014 In Times Square 7:52 PM
- Election Is Marriage Equality Still Politically Dangerous, Even in Mass.? 7:09 PM
- Entertainment News Tig Notaro Nominated for Best Comedy Album 6:08 PM
- HIV & AIDS Republican Pol: Gays Want Free Medical Care Because of AIDS 6:04 PM
- Parenting Israel Again Deals Gay Couples, Families Legislative Setback 4:10 PM