Political Chicken: What Queer Chefs Say About Chick-fil-A
BY Sunnivie Brydum
October 16 2012 4:00 AM ET
"That's ridiculous. I went to a Chick-fil-A for the first time this summer — I was driving across the country in Amarillo, Texas. And I think the people in there recognized me because when my mom and I got around to the drive-thru, which I never even do, and they're like 'Oh, the food's on us.' And I was like, 'What? Why would they do that?' And my mom was like, 'well, they must know who you are.' And I was like, 'why would they give away their Chick-fil-A?' I was like, 'well, thanks!'
"But that's a bummer. Food is usually a more unifying force. I think it's stupid when it gets too aligned with anything hateful. That's just really unfortunate."
- WATCH: President Obama Tells Morehouse Grads 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend'
- WATCH: Ben Affleck and SNL Crew Go to Ex-Gay Camp
- Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination
- The Miseducation of Destin Holmes
- Florida Teen Facing Sex Offender Charge For Consensual Same-Sex Relationship
- Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in New York City
Sign Up For Email Updates
- Commentary Op-ed: Religion Shouldn't Be an Excuse for Discrimination 2 hours 9 min ago
- Current Issue The Miseducation of Destin Holmes 2 hours 49 min ago
- Politics Obama to Grads: 'Be the Best Husband to Your Boyfriend' May 20 2013 7:56 PM
- Crime Thousands Rally Against Anti-LGBT Violence in NYC May 20 2013 7:35 PM
- Women WATCH: Ellen Responds To Abercrombie's Sizeist CEO - 'Fitch, Please!' May 20 2013 7:26 PM
- Marriage Equality WATCH: Matthew Morrison Can't Even Make Sense of Marriage Inequality May 20 2013 7:00 PM
- Law Texas Man Resurrects Suit Alleging AG Fired Him for Being Gay May 20 2013 6:48 PM