5 Things We Learned from the International AIDS Conference
BY Trudy Ring
October 29 2012 4:30 AM ET
The Cure IS Coming
Others also have new optimism about a cure. The International AIDS Society, which sponsors the conference, has put together a strategy for seeking a cure, identifying key areas for research to make this possible. It announced the strategy just prior to the conference.
“The science has been telling us for some time now that achieving a cure for HIV infection could be a realistic possibility,” said French scientist Françoise Barré-Sinoussi (pictured above), who helped discover the virus, in announcing the project. “The time is right to take the opportunity to try and develop an HIV cure — we might regret never having tried.”
- Mean Girls Actor Daniel Franzese Comes Out
- Op-ed: I'm a Gay Guy at a Christian College
- WATCH: Navy Baseball Players Sing 'Brozen'
- WATCH: Emma Stone Scolds Andrew Garfield Over Sexist Spider-Man Comments
- Students Advised Not to Tell on Bullies
- WATCH: Rachel Maddow Highlights 'Confusion' in U.S. on LGBT Issues